In 2021-2022, Redescribing Christian Origins will be co-sponsoring (along with the Centre for the Study of Apocalypticism and Millenarianism and the Society for Ancient Mediterranean Religions) a reading group and lecture series called "The Making of the Nero Myth."
The reading group will focus on the work of Shushma Malik in her monograph The Nero-Antichrist: Founding and Fashioning a Paradigm.
Phase 1: Reading Group (Fall 2021)
Phase 1 of this project with be a Zoom reading group focusing on Shushma Malik’s The Nero-AntiChrist: Founding and Fashioning a Paradigm. In order to allow ample participation in the virtual environment, participation is limited to 40 participants. Details on how to participate below.
The dates for each meeting are:
- September 22, 8 PM EST/7PM CST, Zoom
- October 20, 8 PM EST/7PM CST, Zoom
- November 10, 8 PM EST/7PM CST, Zoom
Phase 2: Lecture Series (Spring 2022)
Phase 2 will be a lecture series related to Malik’s work, including a Q & A with the author. All events will be held on Zoom and will be open to the public. For the upcoming Q&A with Shushma Malik, please see this flyer:
How to Participate
Email either of the organizers (rollens[at]rhodes.edu & robyn_walsh[at]miami.edu) to be put on the mailing list and receive any pre-circulated materials and reminders.
- Registration is limited to 40 participants.
- Registration closes August 20, 2021.
- The Nero-Antichrist is available at Cambridge University Press’ website, Amazon, and many other book retailers.
- Registration for the Spring lecture series will occur later in the Fall.
Co-Sponsored by the Centre for the Study of Apocalypticism and Millenarianism and the Society for the Ancient Mediterranean Religions.